Builds & rebuilds worth following
- Range Rover classic restoration - beautiful work by Retropower.
- Owl's 88" Trialler build a very nice trialler build.
- Project Binky - the guys from BadObsession are building a 4WD mini, some great work and some terrible jokes. I have stolen several ideas from them already.
- SOUP Classic Motoring - a guy in a shed restoring his classic cars with no money and learning as he goes, warts and all. A great series if you're new to tinkering with cars or want to restore something.
- Mig-welding forums - very good forum full of helpful chaps
- V8 Forum - all things V8, some good Rover V8 knowledge there
- NASA's workmanship standards an awesome reference of how to assemble things PROPERLY.
- Rose Engine Lathe sort of a 3D spirograph for your lathe.
- Clickspring amazing precision clockmaking
Random Technical Stuff
- Instructables occasionally turns up good ideas but there's a lot of cack to wade through.
- Trevor's Land Rover Spring Calculator allowing you to use science to work out which springs you need.
- FJ40 traction Bar great explanation (with diagrams) of anti-wrap bars.
- Comprehensive page on GKN Type J overdrive which is the same guts as the GKN Land Rover unit.
- NASCAR vs F1 engine interesting technical comparisons.
- 3D printed press brake dies it shouldn't work but it does
Collected camper conversions
For inspiration, ideas to steal, and things to avoid:
- Custom day-van 1970's style bom chikka wah wah oh yes!
Other Land Rover Ambulances
- 127-130-ambulance-owners-enthusiasts yahoo group - yes, yahoo are still alive, who knew?